Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Letter



Jessica Samson

505 Indian Hills Dr #D3

Moscow, ID 83843

(208) 661-3850

February 16, 2010

Dear Family and Friends,

Wow. Is it really two months into the New Year already? Life is very busy for me here on the Palouse and I’m sure it’s just as busy for you! I would like to take a few minutes to share with you how God is at work in my life. At age 22, I’m finally starting to understand what it truly means to step out in faith and be an ambassador for Christ. This revival started during New Year’s at a Campus Crusade for Christ conference in Portland, Oregon. There I was blessed to spend five days getting to know other students around my town that love God on a deep and personal level. Conference is where it started, but that’s nowhere near the end.

My application to go to San Jose, Costa Rica on a short term mission’s trip has been accepted and my passport will be here soon. This trip is completely out of my comfort zone because I have very little experience sharing the Gospel with strangers and have forgotten most of my high school Spanish. However, I have no doubt that this is going to be an amazing experience.

Our main goal is to share the Gospel and seek God in a new culture. We will be sharing our faith on campus and trying to meet as many students as possible to gather contacts for the Costa Rica staff there. We hope to be able to spend a day at a local orphanage as well. At the end of the week we will hold a “fiesta” where we will invite all the students we have met and have more opportunities to engage in spiritual conversations and friendships.

One of my prayers for this trip is that the team I am heading there with will have an open heart to what God has for us. Another prayer is that we are each able to reach our financial goals of $1,400 per person by March 11. We will leave out of Spokane on March 15 and return on March 22. This semester is literally flying by and this trip is quickly approaching.

If you choose to be a part of the financial process in the amount of $50, $100 or any other amount, please make your check payable to Campus Crusade for Christ. Any amount given is greatly appreciated.

I ask that you keep me, my team members and the Campus Crusade staff in your prayers during these next few weeks and particularly during our trip. I also ask that you come alongside me and pray for those we will meet who don’t know Christ. Through this kind of giving you will be a huge part of what God will do in Costa Rica.

In Christ,

Jessica Samson

No comments: