Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Jingle Bells, Santa Smells, Robin Laid an Egg!

I love Christmas songs!  Jingle Bells, Here Comes Santa Clause, Silent Night, Little Town of Bethlehem, Who Kissed Santa (is that actually a title??) should I go on or are you ready to barf??


Jon was ready to barf when I started singing Christmas carols as we were getting ready for bed. It was one of those wtf? looks.  I of course found this to be hilarious and sung a little louder until he interrupted me. 


I found out he REALLY DOESN'T LIKE these songs ESPECIALLY when they are sung out of season.  Shame on me.  


I think I like those songs for two three reasons: 


1.  We only hear them once a year!  And only for about two months, tops. 


2.  I know all the words!  (Which is why it's so great they play over and over and over and over again)


3.  Most Christmas carols/songs are in what I call the normal vocal range a.k.a. MY vocal range


(Did you know I could have been a famous singer like Brittany Spears?)


So what that it's June?  I'm going to singe Silent Night while I make dinner tonight!  The big question is...what's for dinner since I forgot to start the crockpot this morning??? 

No comments: