Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Slight Miscalculation of the Feet

I fell off the balance beam. The strange thing is that it didn't even hurt. I stood up, brushed myself off and looked around. The view down here is so different from up there! So I decided to hang out. I had some fun in this new environment. It was so strange not to feel any remorse for having fallen off, not feeling any pain from hitting the earth.

Now I can see the scrapes on my knees and the dirt is visible on my hands. I know it should hurt, even just a little bit. But since it doesn't hurt, I know that something is wrong. I realize I need to figure out how to get back on top of the balance beam to continue my dance.


That was all an analogy of the reality of what I have been going through the past few weeks. I hope it makes sense. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite song is by Desperation Band and is called Rescue....

You are the source of life
I can’t be left behind
No one else will do
I will take hold of You

I need You Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go
There’s no other name by
Which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You

This world has nothing for me
I will follow You
This world has nothing for me
I will follow You


To me even if we seem to fall off or fail in this life all Jesus is waiting for is for us to reach out to Him and He will pull us back up. Like a child with their parent. This world is so dark that it can numb us sometimes and it is only Jesus's light that keeps us sensitive and aware of everything going on around us. Like the song says...."I need you Jesus". We NEED Him to rescue us Daily from the enemies grasps. We can't do it on our own. He is reaching out to us waiting for us to reach up to Him.
You should listen to this song on You Tube or something. :)

Anonymous said...

SOOOO mysterious Jess.