Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What is God's will for my life?

Man oh man. You think you know what which road to take and Wha-Bam! There's yet another fork and you have a decision to make.

Sometimes I don't know what that right decision is. I can pray and pray and then pray some more. But in the end, where does that leave me? I do feel an inner peace at times knowing that I'm allowing God to be at work in my life. But what if I'm only fooling myself? What if I'm supposed to hang on to a past relationship? What if I'm supposed to completely let go of it? When is it too soon to move on? Is there even a "right" time?

"Let go and let God."

That's a phrase I have heard a lot and it's one I use a lot in my own life. But what does that mean really? Let go and let God? Some might scoff at that phrase thinking that as Christians we must just sit around all day waiting for God to live our lives for us. I don't think that's what it means.

Let go and let God. Hmmmm...I suppose it's just allowing Christ to infiltrate my life; allowing him to be everywhere.

I'd like to think that sometimes my thoughts and feelings are given by God, that's why I am feeling them. But I know that may or may not be the case. I am a human sinner after all.

The bottom line is I don't want to entertain certain ideals of how my life should be or where it should be going if it's wrong. The problem is, I can't seem to help myself!

This is all very frustrating to me. I think I really hate the feeling of being left in the dark. But maybe this is what it means to "Let go and Let God."

No comments: