Thursday, November 20, 2008

Heavenly

During the last weeks I have had lots of things in mind to write about, each one from a different place in my heart. However, I never got around to sitting down and writing it. So tonight, Heaven is on my heart.

Last night was the end of our Bible study and our times with the very stylish Beth Moore. The last lesson (which, of course, is the one I didn't get to) was about Heaven. The way she described it in the video was in a way that I have not thought about in a long time.

Ever since I was little, I knew in Heaven there would be no more crying, no more night. Also in my child-like mind I pictured Heaven as a humid, hot and disgusting place. I had a vision of constanly falling down and scraping my knee. It sounds kind of weird I think, but to me it made perfect sense.

Now that I'm older, I know there are other pains than just scraping your knee over and over again. We have so many illnesses, heart aches, sin.

I am so thankful to know that God sought me out all these years to bring me to this heavenly place. He truly spent years chasing after my heart. His grace and mercy is something I don't deserve, and I am thankful for it.

On the flip side, however, my heart hurts when I think of all my loved ones who push Christ away their entire lives. I can't fathom being thrown into a lake of fire. Worse, there is no escape after death.

In some ways, it seems unfair that God would do that to people with no way out. I know and believe that God gives each and every person an opportunity to accept his salvation, but to allow anyone to torment for eternity just boggles my mind.

I am so excited to meet my Lord. I am so excited to meet my brothers and sisters after we part from earth. But in my human mind, I also ache for those who I will not find there.

No comments: